Top 10 Hairstyle Trends from Fashion Week 2015
August 27 2015
We all love the fall fashion shows, from New York to Milan, showcasing the hottest new trends. But all these cool threads aren’t the only things we love about the shows – we love to check out the latest fall hair trends that designers are setting on the runway. From cool updos to more natural looks, from more bangs to pink highlights, there’s sure to be something you’ll be asking your favorite Salon d’Artiste stylist for at your next appointment.
- Updated Chignons – While modern updos seemed to rule the runway this year, the deconstructed chignon earned top honors as the hottest look among the Fall 2015 hair trends. Altuzarra, Vera Wang, and Diane von Furstenberg dared to show off the nape of the neck and wowed the runway.
- Fake Crops – Want a temporary short hair look without lopping off those locks? Hair tucked under itself, with plenty of bobby pins, creates a shorter look with texture that looks both natural and sophisticated. Missoni and Max Mara showed off the correct way to create a fake wavy crop.
- Side Ponytails – Popular in the ‘80’s, the side ponytail made its way back up on the runway in a more sleek and natural way. Not only did Dior and Prada showcase this look, but celebrities such as Cara Delevinge and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley got in on the action too. If you love the look, go for a sleek interpretation.
- Middle Parts – This was splashed all over the runway as one of the hottest hair trends but in two different versions; a messy, bedhead middle part from Calvin Klein, 3.1 Phillip Lim and Jill Stuart and a more defined, sophisticated center part by Alberta Ferretti and Emilio Pucci. Pick your favorite because they both are definitely hot looks we’ll be seeing going into 2016.
- Natural Waves – Continuing that bedhead look, Roberto Cavalli, Marni, and Gucci used natural waves that looked slept in to make their statements. Use a good texturizing spray and be prepared to sleep on it to get that perfect look.
- Bangs – From a wispy fringe to a heavy bang, they made big impressions in Paris and New York. Whether you prefer a shorter and edgier look or a more classic fringe, bangs are definitely worth a try this fall. Céline, Saint Laurent and Bottega Veneta had plenty of models walk the runway in bangs, and the results were stunning.
- Slicked Side Parts – If you prefer deep side parts and the slick look, you aren’t alone. Donna Karan, Zac Posen and Narciso Rodgriguez all had their models step out with wet-looking side part and it was a hit. Don’t skimp on the hair gel if you want to create this modern look, because the point is to make your hair look laminated.
- Headbands – Hair accessories are always in high demand at Fashion Week but headbands made the biggest impact both on and off the runway. From soft pink to edgy leather, Proenza Schouler, Richard Chai Love, and Honor opted for diverse headbands in showcasing their new looks.
- Pink – Want to go all out with a new change? How about either a few highlights or an overall cotton candy look with pink. Louis Vuitton featured the most striking pink looks but other designers also sported rose-colored hair up on the catwalk. Try a touch of pink or bring it to a more dramatic level this fall.
- Tucked In Tresses – We saw an interesting look at the fashion shows this year of hair being tucked into sweaters and turtlenecks. Edun, BCBG, and Charlotte Ronson all used this daring look to make their models look chic.
Ready for a new look this Fall? Whether it’s a whole hairstyle or just how to style what you’ve got, we can help! For an appointment, we can be reached at 610.687.2020 or see us at the salon at Eagle Village Shops, 205 Lancaster Ave #2, Wayne, PA 19087. Want to make an appointment instantly? Use our app! Our app is available through the Apple Store, Google Play, or Amazon.